If your GE washer is leaking water one of the parts that you need to check, is the tub water seal.
The tub water seal is located inside of the tub and is used to prevent water from leaking between the transmission and tub.
This is the way to check it out
1. Remove the front panel
2. Set the timer on the beginning of a cycle and let it fill
3. Let the washer start agitating
4. Take a look on top of the transmission where it goes through the tub.
5. If the tub seal is leaking, you will see the water dripping out.
6. Be careful and keep your hands out of moving parts while the washer is running.
To see how to check & replace the tub water seal, view the video below
Below are the links to the parts needed for this repair.