If the motor is bad and you need to replace it, do the following.
1. Disconnect the washer from the wall outlet
2. Remove the front panel
3. Disconnect the wires from the motor
4. Lean the washer against the wall
5. Remove the belts and remove the motor
6. Remove the motor sliding plate and install it to the new motor
7. Set the motor in place and install the belts
8. Connect the wires to the motor
9. Install the front panel
Connect the washer and try it out to see how it works now
To see how to replace the motor in a Maytag washer, view the video below
Below are the links to the parts needed for this repair.