Gas valve coils
Maytag Original Electric Dryer
If the problem with your Maytag gas dryer is that is not heating at all, or it heats for 20 minutes then is not heating anymore. The problem could be bad gas valve coils.
Taking a reading with a multimeter when the coils a cold, could show that the coils are good. But after the dryer heats for 10 to 30 minutes they fail to open the gas valve.
When I check a gas dryer, this is what I look for.
- I turn on the dryer on the regular cycle
- If the dryer has a peep hole to check the gas valve, I take a look through it
- If the igniter glows and the gas valve releases the gas, and the gas ignites
- I let it run for 30 minutes, then check it again
- If the igniter glows, but the gas valve doesn’t open to release the gas
- I go a head and replace the coils on the gas valve. Most of the times that takes care of the problem.
- If that doesn't take care of the problem, most likely the gas valve is bad and most be replace.
To see how to check & replace the coils in the gas valve in a
Maytag gas dryer, view the video below
If my videos helped you, can you consider making a small donation to help me keep this website free online?
To donate with credit card To donate through the mail
Please read my disclaimer page
before viewing my videos
Below are the links to the parts needed for this repair.
Gas valve coils Flame sensor
Copyrighted 2017 Angel Acevedo
If my free videos
helped you fix your washer or dryer, maybe you can
help me keep this website
running by making a small donation.
Click here to donate by mail
all rights recerved